BlueDot continues to grow! Our technology team is looking to add an individual who is talented and passionate about building technology solutions that can be applied to our early warning system for infectious diseases.
As a Senior DevOps and Cloud Architect you have a solid computer science knowledge background and extensive experience. You thrive when architecting, configuring, integrating and deploying modern advanced cloud based software systems.
Who we are:
BlueDot protects people around the world from infectious diseases using human and artificial intelligence. Our software-as-a-service solution combines medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to track, contextualize, and mitigate infectious disease risks. Our global early warning system combines more than 100 datasets with proprietary algorithms to deliver critical insights on the spread of infectious diseases. In December 2019, we flagged an undiagnosed respiratory syndrome in Wuhan, China. In January 2020, we published the world's first scientific paper on COVID-19, accurately predicting its global spread.
Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater. BlueDot’s culture as described by our people is the diversity, openness, creativity, respect, intelligence, and kindness we share with each other. We are hard workers, motivated by a common purpose and excited to collaborate with a team who come from diverse backgrounds and schools of thought. We are a Certified B Corp, which means we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, Best in Technology, Best for Youth, Best StartUp and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country!
Our shared values:
Our values are not just words on a wall. They are our compass and they guide us in our work, in the decisions we make and in how we treat each other:
- Driven by Purpose - We are united by a purpose that is bigger than ourselves. We are on a mission to create a healthier, safer and more prosperous world.
- Do No Harm - Dealing with lives, we must be intentional, diligent, and precise.
- Think Without Borders - When we free our minds from conventional thinking, impossible challenges become possible.
- Strength in Diversity - We’re better at solving complex problems when we draw from our diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of people with varying expertise united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease, every voice is heard and valued.
- Success from Happiness - We believe that happiness is an essential ingredient for success.
What you will do in more detail:
- Design, implement and test very advanced mobile friendly web applications
- Help design and implement software quality control procedures and policies
- Work with our Development and Product teams to help architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
- Architect Big Data and Data workflows to be cloud-optimized
- Work as both an infrastructure and application development specialist alongside the business, development and infrastructure teams
- Provide deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns, and programming
- Suggest architectural improvements, design and integration solutions and formulate methodologies and best practices
- Implement DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Build deploy and manage CI/CD workflows which leverage GitOps practices
- Develop internal tools to help facilitate DevOps workflows
- Automate tasks across the full CI/CD lifecycle to create an efficient developer experience and reduce manual toil
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and high availability within the software engineering group
- Minimize the risk of reliability-related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness
- Mentor junior team members and them lead them technically
What you bring to BlueDot:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge and experience configuring and managing modern cloud based systems, particularly Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment solutions (CI/CD)
- Passion for architecting and setting up test automation infrastructure
- Advance knowledge of cybersecurity concepts, experience with penetration testing
- Solid knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (e.g. MS SQL, MongoDB), ETL pipelines and cloud native storage products
- Expert understanding of software development life cycle and agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence and NLP technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer our team:
- Meaningful work that truly has purpose
- As a smaller, agile team, we offer roles with impact
- Your contributions are integral, your voice will be heard
- A competitive comprehensive compensation package
- Outstanding health, vision and dental benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- A health and wellness spending account
- Generous vacation and other PTO
- A home office setup allowance
We are working remotely due to COVID-19 until at least January 2022.
Together let’s create a healthier, safer, and more prosperous world.
For more information, visit us at: http://bluedot.global.
BlueDot recognizes that challenges remain in achieving the full participation of equity-seeking groups (including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQ2+) in tech careers and is committed to identifying and eliminating barriers that may exist within its own hiring process, programs, and practices.
BlueDot is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.