BlueDot continues to grow!
We are looking for a Scrum Coach to lead the education and facilitation of Agile best practices for software and product development. As a Scrum Master at BlueDot, you are someone who will be successful at tailoring, establishing and evolving an Agile approach within our cross-discipline team that results in delivering quality products to plan. Additionally, you will provide proactive consultation to Product and Technology leaders on key operational metrics to enable decision making. The Scrum Coach is an effective coach and facilitator ensuring optimal collaboration of effort across skill-sets to prioritized plans.
Who we are:
BlueDot protects people around the world from infectious diseases using human and artificial intelligence. Our software-as-a-service solution combines medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to track, contextualize, and mitigate infectious disease risks. Our global early warning system combines more than 100 datasets with proprietary algorithms to deliver critical insights on the spread of infectious diseases. In December 2019, we flagged an undiagnosed respiratory syndrome in Wuhan, China. In January 2020, we published the world's first scientific paper on COVID-19, accurately predicting its global spread.
Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater. BlueDot’s culture as described by our people is the diversity, openness, creativity, respect, intelligence, and kindness we share with each other. We are hard workers, motivated by a common purpose and excited to collaborate with a team who come from diverse backgrounds and schools of thought. We are a Certified B Corp, which means we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, Best in Technology, Best for Youth, Best StartUp and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country!
Our shared values:
Our values are not just words on a wall. They are our compass and they guide us in our work, in the decisions we make and in how we treat each other:
- Driven by Purpose - We are united by a purpose that is bigger than ourselves. We are on a mission to create a healthier, safer and more prosperous world.
- Do No Harm - Dealing with lives, we must be intentional, diligent, and precise.
- Think Without Borders - When we free our minds from conventional thinking, impossible challenges become possible.
- Strength in Diversity - We’re better at solving complex problems when we draw from our diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of people with varying expertise united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease, every voice is heard and valued.
- Success from Happiness - We believe that happiness is an essential ingredient for success.
What you will do in more detail
- Establish right-fit Agile practices and activities across the cross-functional Product and Technology teams.
- Assess problems, desired outcomes, and culture to establish a clearly documented Agile best-practice methodology by the end of first quarter.
- Evolve and maintain clearly actionable Agile practices based on the evolution of the business and introduction of new teams and product lines. Ensure a process is in place for continuous improvement of Agile practices involving all stakeholders by end of second quarter.
- Achieve workflow alignment and efficiency across teams to support an 80/20 (planned pipeline/innovation pipeline) resource model by start of fourth quarter.
- Train, educate and coach team members as the organization scales.
- Draft and maintain robust Agile training materials with first iterations complete by end of first quarter.
- Establish an Agile training approach for new team member onboarding by the end of second quarter.
- Assess, recommend to leadership, establish and lead daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly Agile activities (i.e. Scrum activities) to support proactive product priority planning and successful product value delivery in a remote collaborative setting.
- Establish oneself as an Agile cultural leader and change agent receiving buy-in from team members on participatory Agile activities, tooling and workflow data input by end of first quarter.
- Actively support team members in removing roadblocks to planned progress and provide coaching and connective collaboration to bring the right people into problems/challenges as they arise to achieve quick and effective resolution (i.e. establishing war rooms, connecting SME colleagues and bring the right people into the conversation early) prior to the end of first quarter.
- Support Product Management by proactively educating and facilitating backlog grooming, initiative prioritization and roadmap planning prior to end of first quarter.
- Establish a process and elegant mechanism to conduct measurable capacity planning prior to the end of second quarter.
- Proactively advise, report and consult team leads and senior leaders on all key metrics to drive product development decision-making
- Conduct a needs assessment and gap analysis across team leads and senior leaders on the types of decision-making and metrics required to empower product development business decisions by the end of first quarter
- Recommend and implement (as part of ongoing Agile practices) tools, methodologies and workflow practices to ensure the capturing of key data points to inform regular and consistent metrics/reporting and analysis (i.e. burndown, team capacity, team velocity, quality metrics) prior to end of second quarter.
- Establish audience-centric reports on a regular cadence for all team members, team leads, and senior leadership by end of third quarter.
What you bring to BlueDot
- 5+ years working with Agile and Scrum methodologies in successful software product teams. SaaS experience a plus
- Qualified as a Scrum Master with Certification
- Highly developed skills in coaching and training teams in Agile (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
- Acquired knowledge of the product management discipline and application to software product development.
- Proven knowledge and familiarity with SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Proven experience in reporting, leveraging, advising leadership with burndown metrics, retrospectives, capacity planning/metrics, team velocity
- Experience implementing and adapting a blend of practices, processes and guidelines across other Agile approaches to tailor an Agile approach for a specific organization’s culture, needs and success criteria.
- Educated in the concepts and implementation of Extreme Programming and Lean principles and their possible integration into a blended Agile practice.
- Above average knowledge of technical matters, typical challenges/problems and skillsets in a software development environment.
- Experience working with cross-discipline teams including Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Software Engineers, UX Designers, Product Management. Experience working with Epidemiologists or Life Sciences professionals a plus.
What we offer our team:
- Meaningful work that truly has purpose
- As a smaller, agile team, we offer roles with impact
- Your contributions are integral, your voice will be heard
- A competitive comprehensive compensation package
- Outstanding health, vision and dental benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- A health and wellness spending account
- Generous vacation and other PTO
- A home office setup allowance
We are working remotely due to COVID-19 until at least January 2022, beyond that, we are co-creating what the future of work looks like at BlueDot with our team.
Together let’s create a healthier, safer, and more prosperous world.
For more information, visit us at: http://bluedot.global.
BlueDot recognizes that challenges remain in achieving the full participation of equity-seeking groups (including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQ2+) in tech careers and is committed to identifying and eliminating barriers that may exist within its own hiring process, programs, and practices.
BlueDot is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.