BlueDot is growing and as a result, looking for a Product Manager with a proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to support Product Management at BlueDot as we face this pivotal moment in our growth. You’ll work with our Senior Director of Product to support our rapidly growing product development needs.
Who we are:
BlueDot is a digital health company that protects people around the world from infectious diseases using human and artificial intelligence. We’ve combined our medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to build solutions that track, contextualize, and anticipate infectious disease risks. Our global early warning system combines more than 100 datasets with proprietary algorithms to deliver critical insights on the spread of infectious diseases. Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater.
BlueDot’s culture as described by our people is the openness, creativity, respect, intelligence and kindness we share with each other. We are hard workers, motivated by a common purpose, and excited to collaborate with a team who come from diverse backgrounds and schools of thought.
We are a Certified B Corp, which means we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country!
Our shared values:
Our values are not just words on a wall, they are our compass, they are what guide us - in our work, in the decisions we make and in how we treat each other:
- Driven by Purpose - We are united by a purpose that is bigger than ourselves. We are on a mission to create a healthier, safer and more prosperous world.
- Do No Harm - Dealing with lives, we must be intentional, diligent, and precise.
- Think Without Borders - When we free our minds from conventional thinking, impossible challenges become possible.
- Strength in Diversity - We’re better at solving complex problems when we draw from our diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of people with varying expertise united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease, every voice is heard and valued.
- Success from Happiness - We believe that happiness is an essential ingredient for success.
What you will do in more detail:
- Supporting BlueDot’s products from end to end. This means working closely across multiple teams to understand public health needs/context, business objectives, market opportunities, and customer pain points to translate them into meaningful requirements
- Gaining a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps, improve customer experience and drive growth of Bluedot’s SaaS software product portfolio, including client-facing web and mobile applications, as well as headless data services (API)
- Managing and coordinating the agile lifecycle as product owner, including discovery, requirement definition, backlog management, sprint execution, release planning, UAT and communicating tasks & milestones across internal teams
- Working with user experience designers to ensure the end product meets and exceeds customer wants and needs
- Working with the software development and QA team to ensure the product is robust, well-tested, and meets requirements before release
- Tracking and reporting on KPIs, product development status, and related product and business metrics
- Making release updates visible throughout the organization and clients, via regular demos and notes
- Driving business value for the product by working with BlueDot’s business, science, technology, and design teams to prioritize the backlog of features and fixes, and communicating that value to the team, clients and other stakeholders
What you bring to BlueDot:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Manager
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher and/or a mix of experience and education in a relevant field
- A proven record of successfully managing awesome and innovative SaaS software products from inception to delivery
- A strong agile project management background to manage schedule, dependencies, risk, change management, and release process
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in user-centric software development, web technologies and headless data-driven software products
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to anticipate roadblocks, grasp complexities and relationship between issues, while finding solutions to get the job done
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Results oriented, proactive, and flexible with a strong sense of urgency
- An aptitude to effectively relay complex information to other team members
- Exceptional collaborative and relationship building skills to effectively work with team members, peers, and leadership
- Experience working in the healthcare sector a strong bonus
What we offer our team:
- Meaningful work that truly has purpose
- As a smaller, agile team, we offer roles with impact
- Your contributions are integral, your voice will be heard
- A competitive comprehensive compensation package
- Outstanding health, vision and dental benefits
- Generous vacation and other PTO
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 until January 2021 or longer, but when we are back, we offer:
- Fresh fruit and healthy office snacks
- Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Together let’s create a healthier, safer, and more prosperous world.
For more information, visit us at: http://bluedot.global
BlueDot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive fair consideration without regard to race, religion, citizenship, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristics.
BlueDot is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.