Working closely with the CEO and COO, Product, Customer Success and Sales Teams you will ensure alignment and facilitate the realization of BlueDot’s vision. You will own and execute our commercial strategy and manage the sales and marketing teams to drive revenue growth. In addition, you will be accountable for revenue, profitability of the BlueDot brand and offerings, including working closely with our product and development teams to expand our product offerings.
Who we are:
BlueDot is a digital health company that protects people around the world from infectious diseases using human and artificial intelligence. We’ve combined our medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to build solutions that track, contextualize, and anticipate infectious disease risks. Our global early warning system combines more than 100 datasets with proprietary algorithms to deliver critical insights on the spread of infectious diseases. Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater.
BlueDot’s culture as described by our people is the openness, creativity, respect, intelligence and kindness we share with each other. We are hard workers, motivated by a common purpose, and excited to collaborate with a team who come from diverse backgrounds and schools of thought.
We are a Certified B Corp, which means we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country!
Our shared values:
Our values are not just words on a wall, they are our compass, they are what guide us - in our work, in the decisions we make and in how we treat each other:
- Driven by Purpose - We are united by a purpose that is bigger than ourselves. We are on a mission to create a healthier, safer and more prosperous world.
- Do No Harm - Dealing with lives, we must be intentional, diligent, and precise.
- Think Without Borders - When we free our minds from conventional thinking, impossible challenges become possible.
- Strength in Diversity - We’re better at solving complex problems when we draw from our diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of people with varying expertise united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease, every voice is heard and valued.
- Success from Happiness - We believe that happiness is an essential ingredient for success.
What you will do in more detail:
- Develop BlueDot’s commercialization strategy with the executive team (products, markets)
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting, geographic market segmentation, go-to-market strategy, and pricing strategy to hit commercial revenue goals
- Define strategy and process for customer acquisition and retention
- Responsible for hitting revenue targets and health of P&L statement
- Lead and manage implementation of strategy across the Sales and Marketing teams, brand, PR and media management, working closely with Customer Success
- Monitor our revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
- Liaison on board related reporting matters by providing detailed, monthly and quarterly briefings about the business results and plans to Executive leadership
- Develop and implement revenue generation programs that scale to global markets
- Define team and individual revenue targets to support company goals
- Manage the sales and marketing department leaders and provide them with coaching and advice
- Act as a mentor to direct reports and high potential employees to ensure continued talent development within the organization
What you have done to get here:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare, Tech or related area required with a minimum of 7 years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities – MBA would be an asset
- 10+ years of sales and marketing experience in healthcare, tech, and/or government with 10 years in a senior management and sales position
- Successful experience within early and growth phase start-ups
- Experience in a SaaS business is essential
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Strong strategic planning and analytical skills in sales, marketing, and business (competitive) strategy
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example
- A passion for wanting to help make the world healthier, safer, and more prosperous
- Experience reporting and presenting to executive boards
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage outsourced marketing activities
- Experience in selecting, deploying, and using marketing and sales software applications
- Experience working with business and industry press
- Effective public speaking skills and presence
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Travel required
What we offer our team:
- Meaningful work that truly has purpose
- As a smaller, agile team, we offer roles with impact
- Your contributions are integral, your voice will be heard
- A competitive comprehensive compensation package
- Outstanding health, vision and dental benefits
- Fresh fruit and healthy office snacks
Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Together let’s create a healthier, safer, and more prosperous world.
For more information, visit us at: http://bluedot.global
BlueDot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive fair consideration without regard to race, religion, citizenship, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristics.
BlueDot is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.