We are seeking a Medical Storyteller and Marketer with experience writing for healthcare who will play a key role in our content development process across many channels. This role is a rare opportunity to apply your writing craft to support socially meaningful innovative technologies in global health.
Who we are:
BlueDot is a digital health company that protects people around the world from infectious diseases using human and artificial intelligence. We’ve combined our medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to build solutions that track, contextualize, and anticipate infectious disease risks. Our global early warning system combines more than 100 datasets with proprietary algorithms to deliver critical insights on the spread of infectious diseases. Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater.
BlueDot’s culture as described by our people is the openness, creativity, respect, intelligence and kindness we share with each other. We are hard workers, motivated by a common purpose, and excited to collaborate with a team who come from diverse backgrounds and schools of thought.
We are a Certified B Corp, which means we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country!
Our shared values:
Our values are not just words on a wall, they are our compass, they are what guide us - in our work, in the decisions we make and in how we treat each other:
- Driven by Purpose - We are united by a purpose that is bigger than ourselves. We are on a mission to create a healthier, safer and more prosperous world.
- Do No Harm - Dealing with lives, we must be intentional, diligent, and precise.
- Think Without Borders - When we free our minds from conventional thinking, impossible challenges become possible.
- Strength in Diversity - We’re better at solving complex problems when we draw from our diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of people with varying expertise united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease, every voice is heard and valued.
- Success from Happiness - We believe that happiness is an essential ingredient for success
Who you are:
You have a keen eye for detail with experience in writing for scientific publications and is ready to research, conceptualize and execute communication solutions supporting our business success teams. You have the ability to write catchy taglines, distill scientific information into exciting prose across varying target audiences in formats ranging from bite sized to essay, as well as write detailed articles and papers for scientific journals.
What you will do in more detail:
- Gain an understanding of the BlueDot products working closely with our Sales, Operations and Design teams
- Execute a communications strategy which encompasses content for sales materials, website, emails, blog posts, social media, publications, PR and employer branding
- Create, review, and oversee external communications productions (e.g. decks, sell-sheets, presentations)
- Implement BlueDot’s PR strategy by writing press releases, drafting talking points for our CEO, and acting as a point person for media outlets and journalists
- Act as point of contact for corporate partnerships regarding content and communication deliverables
- Support the writing of op-ed pieces on behalf of our CEO
- Manage the social accounts: Twitter and LinkedIn
- Participate in appropriate conversations that will help boost BlueDot’s reputation in the market/industry
- Research and understand what’s happening within and around our industry
- Oversee creation and execution of content and social strategies to achieve both communication and audience growth objectives
- Occasional international travel may be required
Ideally, you also:
- Possess some design skills in order to make presentation materials look great without having to rely on our design team for business presentations and client facing .PDFs
- Are familiar with WordPress so can easily make basic changes to our website content
- Have a basic understanding of how SEO works and how to write to boost content online
What you have done to get here:
- You possess a talent for distilling scientific writings into layman’s terms and experience creating outstanding creative for recognized health/wellness brand(s), ideally online/e-Commerce
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Journalism, Marketing, or related field
- You have a passion for wanting to help make the world healthier, safer, and more prosperous
- You bring a minimum 5-years’ experience as a health writer and have an impressive writing portfolio
- You have the ability and versatility to write for different audiences and channels while aligning with our brand story consistently
- You are extraordinary with written and oral communication skills - of course!
- You have a relevant degree or diploma in communications, business writing, English etc.
What we offer our team:
- Meaningful work that truly has purpose
- As a smaller, agile team, we offer roles with impact
- Your contributions are integral, your voice will be heard
- A competitive comprehensive compensation package
- Outstanding health, vision and dental benefits
- 3 weeks’ vacation and 5 paid wellness/sick days
- Fresh fruit and healthy office snacks
- Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Together let’s create a healthier, safer, and more prosperous world.
For more information, visit us at: http://bluedot.global
BlueDot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive fair consideration without regard to race, religion, citizenship, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristics.
BlueDot is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.