You will ensure outstanding, efficient and professional administrative support to our CEO and COO. You are highly organised, able to strategically prioritize, and possess strong administrative and problem-solving skills. In addition, you have the proven ability to build and maintain relationships within all levels of an organization while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Who we are:
BlueDot is a digital health company that protects people around the world from infectious diseases using human and artificial intelligence. We’ve combined our medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to build solutions that track, contextualize, and anticipate infectious disease risks. Our global early warning system combines more than 100 datasets with proprietary algorithms to deliver critical insights on the spread of infectious diseases. Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater.
BlueDot’s culture as described by our people is the openness, creativity, respect, intelligence and kindness we share with each other. We are hard workers, motivated by a common purpose, and excited to collaborate with a team who come from diverse backgrounds and schools of thought.
We are a Certified B Corp, which means we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We have also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country!
Our shared values:
Our values are not just words on a wall, they are our compass, they are what guide us - in our work, in the decisions we make and in how we treat each other:
- Driven by Purpose - We are united by a purpose that is bigger than ourselves. We are on a mission to create a healthier, safer and more prosperous world.
- Do No Harm - Dealing with lives, we must be intentional, diligent, and precise.
- Think Without Borders - When we free our minds from conventional thinking, impossible challenges become possible.
- Strength in Diversity - We’re better at solving complex problems when we draw from our diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of people with varying expertise united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease, every voice is heard and valued.
- Success from Happiness - We believe that happiness is an essential ingredient for success.
Who you are:
- You are energetic and self-motivated.
- You have experience successfully supporting busy executives
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver
- Your keen eye for detail, commitment to quality, and positive outlook set you apart
- You are comfortable handling confidential information and complex situations with poise
- You are passionate about our purpose
What you will do in more detail:
- Provide direct administrative support to our CEO and COO
- Maintain work schedules and calendars of the CEO, COO, meeting rooms etc.
- Proactively manage, assess, and predict the needs of the CEO and COO to ensure they are prepared and organized for all internal and external meetings
- Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research
- Assist in project managing the team’s weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables in alignment with the business strategy
- Review or compose, edit and ensure consistent branding on all communication, correspondence, reports and presentation decks (including Quarterly Board Reports, Conference/Speaking Engagement Presentations and Team Meetings)
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations
- Coordinate logistics of meetings, seminars, presentations, special projects, and speaking events
- Take and transcribe notes for meetings
- Receive and screen inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors for the CEO and COO
- Complete expense reports on behalf of the CEO and COO, and other related duties
- Maintain structure in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Present a positive and professional image of the CEO and COO’s office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other persons
- Occasional international travel may be required
What you have done to get here:
- You have a passion for wanting to help make the world healthier, safer, and more prosperous
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration, or other relevant discipline, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of direct work experience as an executive assistant to a busy leader(s)
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with all company stakeholders
- Amazing organizational and time management abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Keen attention to every little tiny detail
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Resourceful and flexible
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures
- Ability to occasionally travel
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- High level of integrity and work ethic
What we offer our team:
- Meaningful work that truly has purpose
- As a smaller, agile team, we offer roles with impact
- Your contributions are integral, your voice will be heard
- A competitive comprehensive compensation package
- Outstanding health, vision and dental benefits
- 3 weeks’ vacation and 5 paid wellness/sick days
- Fresh fruit and healthy office snacks
- Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Together let’s create a healthier, safer, and more prosperous world.
For more information, visit us at: http://bluedot.global
BlueDot is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace for all. All qualified applicants will receive fair consideration without regard to race, religion, citizenship, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or other protected characteristics.
BlueDot is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.